Saturday, November 30, 2013

Beyond Word--Getting the Most Out of Microsoft Word

Back when I was in high school, I was given a position as a computer room aide at a middle school.  I didn’t own a computer nor could be considered a computer geek.  But I learned as I went how to use Claris Works and a basic spreadsheet program.  I was willing to “play around” to figure stuff out—one of the most useful ways to advance your computer skills.

A couple years later, I temped at a large company.  They hired me just to figure out Power Point, which no one in that department had used before.  Again, I was given time to try things out. 

Now I’m an author.  I write using Word.  Whenever I wish there was a way to make things simpler, I do research (now I actually have the option of looking things up on the Internet!) until I find that there is an easier method.

And that is what I want to share with you.  I recently switched from Word 97 to Word 2013 and still miss my dropdown menus, but I’m learning that, too.  Since I need to get more comfortable with Word 2013, that’s what this is written for.  I believe it’s similar to Word within the last ten years though.

So, my latest addition to my blog are fun tips, tricks, and ways to use Word more efficiently.  Enjoy!


No comments: